Rise of the Runelords
Scarred by the depravity of ancient wizards and reclaimed by a wilderness of beasts and savages, only in the past few hundred years have the steps of civilized men again trod the wondrous and mysterious lands of Varisia. It’s in this ancient and treacherous realm that your character will take up arms against the return of a centuries-old evil.
You will begin the adventure in the town of Sandpoint…
For adventure background and further details on Varisia, see the Players Guide.
If you wish to know even more about the world in which the campaign takes place, the following books can be provided: the Inner Sea Primer, Faiths of Purity, Faiths of Balance, Faiths of Corruption.
Gareth – Nerissa Korvaski – female tiefling inquisitor
Ristin – Malthenniel Willowsong – female elf sorcerer (draconic)
Eleanor – Lochan – male human gunslinger
Five Things That Everyone Knows About Varisia
- Dozens of mysterious monuments litter Varisia’s countryside, in the form of gigantic spires, massive bridges, titanic stairs, and—some say—even lost cities.
- Varisia has no central government; Korvosa, Magnimar, and Riddleport are distinct and sovereign city-states.
- Varisia’s native peoples, the Shoanti and Varisians, are both nomadic groups, wandering far in great tribes or in colorful wagon caravans, respectively.
- When Cheliax invaded Varisia, the Chelaxians displaced the native Shoanti, earning the clans’ eternal hatred.
- Varisia is home to numerous kinds of giants. Hill and marsh giants hunt the lowlands, stone giants defend rocky holdings, and beings of impossible size stalk the distant mountain ranges.
Estimated Time of Play: Fortnightly. When the next Saturday slot opens, preferably. If people are extremely keen, I’ll consider running it on a Sunday.
Artwork Disclaimer: None of the artwork on this website is mine. Most of the art is from the Rise of the Runelords campaign, however there are several pieces that are not. They are being used as representations, and I make no claim to them. If my use of any of these images offends, please contact me and I will remove them.